Monday, September 12, 2011

Pirates and Pearls.

Saturday night was the Pirates and Pearls Ball. I was invited as Harvey's date and he was invited because he is part of the sales team of the hotel where the ball was located. Since I had gotten back from Winchester a mere 3 hours before we had to leave I was exhausted and no longer cared enough to worry about my dress or how I would look at the ball. I took a quick nap and then started the process of getting ready.

I wore a short black dress and Harvey assured me this would be just fine. We made our way to his hotel and he gave me a quick tour before we settled into a lounge and were offered our first (of many) free drinks of the night. Harvey is the only man that works with his sales team so naturally when we were all supposed to meet in the lounge at 7, it was 7:30 before all of the ladies showed up. I was very relieved when all of the women were wearing short dresses and I was definitely not out of place. No one wants to be "that" girl.

We headed into the reception area where we were offered our second free drink of the night. I did not know that the ball was named Pirates and Pearls until I arrived and many people were dressed up. The reception area had many themed decorations and was really cool. After what seemed like forever (I had high heels on and had to stand the whole time) we headed into the ballroom. There were around 15 tables and Harvey's sales team was Table 12. I also did not know that the reason for this "ball" was charity. It was put on every year for different charity organizations.

The food was delicious although very late. It was a 3 course mean that was supposed to start at 8 but we didnt end up eating the main course until 9:30. I am not a happy when I am hungry. The starter course was salmon, the main was Roast beef with Yorkshire Pudding, the dessert was a lemon tart. After eating there was an auction and a band. Unfortunately, around 11:30 I was falling asleep in my chair (not from drinking, I had only had 2 the whole night). Harvey got a cab and we headed home.

Our table. I am in the back :)

My first "ball" was an interesting one. It really was not what I considered a ball at all. It was like a fancier prom but with unlimited free alcholic drinks and pirates. There was a photo booth which was a highlight and I am sure if I could have lasted longer the night would have ended up a blast. I did not leave dissappointed. I left with a bag of goodies and a hope that sometime Harvey will be invited to another one and I will be able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment