Friday, September 2, 2011

Getting acclimated to England...

The sun is shining today in Totton! I am excited about this because every day I have been here it has been cloudy at least for parts of the day. I am crossing my fingers it does not rain at all today! I didnt expect to miss South Dakota, but I definitely miss the sun! I spent too many hours packing dresses and shorts to not be able to wear them.

It was a bank holiday on Monday. Which is basically a day off of work for no particular reason. I would compare it to Columbus day or President's day in America without having the excuse of "Columbus Day" or "President's day." Lets just call it what it is, a day off. :) We didn't do much on Monday, but that is expected of a holiday I guess!

I have been trying to figure out a phone situation that would work best for me but I am having issues. Harvey had an old phone and thought if he got a SIM card, I could just buy minutes. This would have been cheap and perfect for me, but of course his phone was too old and they don't make SIM cards for that type anymore so I might have to buy a new phone. I don't feel like spending 75 pounds on a phone that I will only use for 10 months and not be able to use it when I leave. Damn phone companies! I am not too worried about it, I will figure something out.


Harvey went back to work on Tuesday, and since I do not start school until the 21st and am still looking for a job, I have been hanging out a lot by myself. On Wednesday night I met Harvey in Southampton and we went out for drinks and food with his coworkers. He works with women, only women. We went to a restaurant/bar called the pitcher and piano and it overlooked a dock full of HUGE boats. I can't wait to move into Southampton. It is such a cool city and I want to become a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya about the sun. It actually shined for the first time last week, and I couldn't recognize where I was when I got off the bus on a street that I drive on every day because I'd never seen the city in sunlight.
    I'm excited for you to move to Southampton!
    Put some pics up on facebook!

    ReplyDelete