Monday, August 22, 2011

The goodbye process.

I have only 2 days until I take the long awaited flight to England. I have had a wonderful sending off from my family complete with presents, hugs, and well wishes. Now, I have 2 days to pack, repack, pack, and repack. (Seriously, I have done it 5 times)  I leave on Wednesday, August 24th at 10:55am from Sioux Falls airport. I arrive around 12:30 in Chicago with an eight hour layover until my flight for London. 8 HOURS. Thankfully, I am a champion napper and I also bought two books for the journey. I will arrive in London at 11:00am London time. I will be greeted by my boyfriend Harvey and his sister, and since it has been 4 months and a few weeks since I have seen him, it really is a LONG awaited arrival.

I have decided to pay for an extra bag in order to bring everything I want with me. On an international flight, your first check-in bag is free as long as it is not over 50 pounds...which I might be a bit worried about considering I have a MILION clothes I want to bring along. It costs around 60 dollars to check a second bag, which will also be packed to the fullest. How do you pack 9 months of clothes into 2 bags?? If I figure it out, I will let you know. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping those are your actual suitcases because they're super cute! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck little sister!! I'm so happy for you, and I can't wait to come visit. You have a lot of catching up to do if you want a blog like Jamie's. Get on this ASAP. And by the way, you spelled 'million' wrong. I know you would appreciate the correction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved watching Kelsey pack her bags. She would stand on a scale to see how much she weighed then hold a bag and reweigh. Must have worked--she got by with two bags. Certainly would have been nice if I could have fit into one of those bags--but couldn't complete with the shoes! LOL XOXOM0M

    ReplyDelete