Friday, August 26, 2011

Bacon sandwiches and The Inbetweeners.

Today was a full day. I had to go to the store because I needed to get a few items I decided to leave out of my suitcases. (Hey, it was either shampoo or shoes..what would any girl have chosen?) Harvey and I decided to go to ASDA, which is almost like a Walmart and is in Totton so it is about a 15 minute walk from his sister's house where I am staying. This was obviously before breakfast, which consisted of a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea (below). I would just like to say that American bacon is not at all like British Bacon....not at all. It is too hard to explain the difference in taste, but English bacon is really delicious, especially on toast.

Once we got to Totton, I changed some currency. 718 dollars to 382 pounds to be exact. We were finally on our way to ASDA with my wallet a bit lighter and the sky getting a bit cloudier. After shopping I headed home, took a shower, and Harvey and I were off to Southampton for the afternoon. The train station is another 15-20 minute walk and the ride to Southampton is about 10 minutes. I am sure I will have more to say when I have to take the train by myself...so I will let those stories come later. :) Harvey and I got to Southampton and ate at a place called Prezzos because he had a coupon that was buy one entree and get a second for one pound. Prezzo's is a pizza and pasta restaurant. Even though it was raining, we sat outside under a canopy. The pizza was amazingly delicious. (below)



After lunch we headed to the movies. I couldn't wait to see The Inbetweeners movie and it wasn't showing in America. I will post a clip of the trailer. It was a famous British tv show that was made into a movie and is one of Harvey's favorites.

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say, great job with the coupon use! You will save so many pounds that way! Pizza and bacon huh? Eventually after tasting all the yummy fatty delicious treats you will go back to healthy choices but they are just not as exciting! I would definately love to eat a bacon sandwich right now. So glad you got to see a movie, one of your passions. It's going to be crazy watching all English films. You won't know any of the actors. A good change though I think. Tell us all of your adventures from now on. It is so interesting and great to share it with you. I wish I could be in England with you!

    ReplyDelete